Wednesday 10 August 2016

Underhyped Books

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I am going to be sharing some of my favourite underhyped books! So go and read them. Oh! By the way, these are going to mostly be series' and trilogies because I am well-known for loving series and trilogies that nobody has even heard of.
Just mentioning it now.
You've all been warned...


Underhyped Books


1. The Medusa Girls trilogy, by Tera-Lynn Childs
Okay, I actually got the first two books of this because my mum saw them in Lidl, and I picked them up, and I really liked them. They have mythology and other worlds, and demonhunter triplets that didn't know they were demonhunters (well, two out of three), or that they had two more sisters that looked exactly the same as them! Also, there's a ton of ass-kicking, so if it sounds like something that you're interested in, I'd pick this trilogy up because it's pretty awesome. 

2. The Power of Five series, by Anthony Horowitz
I think this circumstance is the case with a couple of the books that I've included in this list. This is the less well-known series of Anthony Horowitz, the person who wrote the Alex Rider series (teen spy if you didn't know), and in my opinion, a better written series. Because, I don't know why, but I cannot get past the first Alex Rider book. I just can't. It's just one of those things I can't do. (I've attempted it like 6 times). But this series is actually really interesting. It's about these creatures called the Old Ones that tried to take over the world. 10,000 years ago. But they were stopped by five children who had supernatural abilities. Now, they're trying to do it again. And these children are here as well. Plus they still have supernatural abilities. It's quite interesting. I recommend this to fantasy/ action/ supernatural fans. 


3. Vampire Beach series, by Alex Duval 
I'm not going to include the covers for this one, because 1) I can't seem to find the whole bunch of covers for any of the versions, and 2) All the version (except for one) are just too damn ugly! 
But I think because there are so many vampire series' out there, this one just got thrown to the wayside a bit, which is a shame, but it's really interesting, and fast paced for the most part. I can't really explain why I like this series so much, because It's everything I'd avoid normally, but there is an exception to everything, right guys?
So if you like vampires, and cool stories, check this series out!

4. Chris Higgins books
Okay, I think I've liked these books the longest out of all of them on this list, because her teen books just keep getting better. She is so clever with the web the characters she creates, and the journeys she takes them on, that your learning and growing with the characters. Plus, there are secret meanings in her books, and plot twists that are realistic because you can relate to the characters so much. I mean, not that the plot twists would be unrealistic, they are, because what Chris Higgins is good at teaching you is how easy it is to end up in that situation. But just, read them if you want an easy read that has drama. (But not too much). 

5. The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd, by Heather Brewer 
Okay, this is another vampire series. And yes, I've only read two of them. But this series is so different to any other vampire story I've ever read. 1) It's a middle-grade series. 2) It's incredibly funny. I mean, how many vampire series' have you guys read that are funny? My guess, not many. What's funny about it is that it's realistic. This book isn't all vampire stuff, which is one of the things that I love about it so far. There's still the realistic teen boy  problems, just add fangs and a diet of blood. It's surprisingly funny, and their fairly small, so it's not a big time commitment. Trust me, you won't regret it. 


6. The Lying Game series, by Sara Shephard 
This series, is again, the less well-known series, written by Sara Shephard. (The author of Pretty Little Liars, or PLL.) But, to my opinion, this is the better written series, Now, I've only read the first five books of Pretty Little Liars, but I still think that this one's better. Especially now that I've just finished the series about an hour ago. But seriously, this series kept me hooked for most of the series (excluding the second book), because it had suspense and intensity, and a bunch of fast-paced events that had my heart racing. So, if your in the mood for that. Oh, and I have the first five books reviewed on my "Post Pandemonium" page. (Sixth review will be up soon.)


So those are my underhyped books! I hope you enjoyed this post, and I will see you soon! (Probably tomorrow, I still have 3 more posts to catch up on) So, byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment